Monday, April 4, 2011

Madeleine Peyroux show/the Lamp

We went to see the Madeleine Peyroux show last night and before the show stopped at "the Lamp", right next door for dinner.  I checked out "the Lamp" online before we went.  Their menu seemed decent, a bit of cajun style fair...and some other bar staples.  When we walked in the door, I was honestly a little frightened (the pictures online made it look substantially better).  The interior reminded me of most every bad restaurant (meaning almost every restaurant is bad)  from the area I grew up in, Bradford County, Pennsylvania.  Bad decorations, old tables with formica tops, bad/old chairs....you name it...it wasn't pretty.  The service was pretty bad, but I cut them some slack because since it was right before the show and the place literally adjoins with the Alladin Theater, it got pretty packed before the doors for the show opened.  The food redeemed the restaurant....I had a pretty decent vege wrap with fresh vegetables and crumbled blue cheese.  Matt had a BLTA (Avacado)...pretty much your standard BLT (I had previously thought you couldn't ruin a BLT, but a recent visit to "the Montage" proved me wrong).  Both our meals were served with a very interesting jalapeno coleslaw.  The slaw was great (again....standard), but the added jalapeno was pretty interesting; too spicy for me, but I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to jalapenos.  Not sure we will ever eat there again, unless in a pinch.  There is a German Sausage place right around the corner that looks very interesting.....

Oh...and the Madeleine Peyroux show was pretty excellent.  If it weren't 2 hours past my bedtime I might not have fallen asleep; also a little odd that every person there was at least 30 years my senior.  Still, couldn't be worse than that Norah Jones show a couple of months ago....

http://www.madeleinepeyroux.com/
http://www.thelamppdx.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment