Monday, April 4, 2011

Pine State Biscuits

My mom called me recently and said she was watching that Food Network show, "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives".  She said they were showcasing this really great place called, "Pine State Biscuits" and that I should try to check it out.  What my mom didn't know was that I had spyed this place very shortly after purchasing a new home recently in Southeast Portland.  There are two locations, one on Alberta and one on Belmont.  Every time we have driven by, and they were open, there was a line out the door.  I couldn't tell how big the place was, but I assumed it must be good if people were standing in good Oregon rain, just to get a bite.  Matt and I finally got up early enough a few weekends ago to catch the place without a line.  Their menu is pretty short....and obviously dominated by their biscuits.  They have some interesting looking breakfast style sandwiches that look like a heart attack waiting to happen, just delicious just the same.  We went with the slightly (okay, not really) lighter fare of biscuits and gravy.  I had the one biscuit with gravy and an egg on top.  They have a fantastic mushroom gravy and also sausage gravy.  There are literally only about 10 seats in this place, which is obviously why there is always a line.  The interior is cute and "breakfast-ie".  It is not the kind of place you can go and sit for hours....people are waiting for your seat.  Despite not being able to dilly dally for an hour, it was a superb biscuit and gravy and we will be back for sure!  The biscuits are made fresh daily and in my opinion this is true gourmet establishment....they take breakfast VERY seriously!

http://pinestatebiscuits.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment