Monday, April 4, 2011

Steakadelphia

I grew up in Pennsylvania, and while my home town wasn't Philly....Pennsylvanians, as a whole, take their Philly Cheesesteaks seriously.  Amongst good chicken wings, cheesesteaks are the other food item I haven't really found to be as good as anything coming out of Pa.  I'm happy to report that today I found a place serving the closest thing to a cheesesteak, this side of the Mississippi.  It's called "Steakadelphia" and is located on Powell Blvd.  I had one today and it was perfection!  The perfect soft and chewy Italian roll, freshly grilled steak and bell peppers and mushrooms.  None of these ingredients were cooked ahead of time, so it did take a couple minutes to make, which in my book is definitely a good thing.  If you know anything about cheesesteak lore....you know that the type of cheese you put on your cheesesteak is an issue of large debate in the Keystone State.  Some prefer provolone, others prefer cheese wiz.....and I've never seen it myself, but I hear cheddar or cream cheese are also options.  So apparently Philadelphians get pretty carried away on this issue.  I heard recently that their football crowds get so unruly that they installed a court room within the new stadium in order to deal with the "unrul-ees" on site.  Maybe it's because someone put cheese wiz on their cheesesteak.  Well, either way, you'll be happy to know that "Steakadelphia" offers all four cheese options and plenty of additions (onions, jalapenos, peppers, mushrooms, etc.).

If you're lookin' for a quick bite, you have to check this place out.  I'll be back for sure.

http://www.steakadelphia.com/index.html



No comments:

Post a Comment